Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: scotty flush mount
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I want to install the scotty flush mount rod holder on a 2011 sport and a new revo 11. On either of these boats, will the mount interfere with the rudder lines? It looks to me like it will be very close. Anyone done it? Thanks

Post subject: Re: scotty flush mount
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:06 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I've done it on the Revo 11. It's fine. Use the Scotty No. 244 Rectangular Flush Deck Mount.

Post subject: Re: scotty flush mount
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:57 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yes. I have a "Sport" and have 4 of them on my boat and am very happy with them. I will try to post a photo of my boat soon. I put mine in the wells. One fore and one aft on each side. On the ones fore put them as far forward as posible so as to not interfear with your drink holders. The butts of your rods may still hit drink bottles anyway. I mounted mine with ss screws I got at Ace Hardware. You can drill a pilot hole with a tiny drill to start the screw or drill a hole with a very small finishing nail by holding it in a pair of plires and heating the nail up with a flame and pushing it thru. I have put lots of goodies on my boat and will be posting pix soon. I built a cage/rack for the back that holds a ton of gear as well as my wheels rods and flag. I mounted a Lowrance DSI fishfinder in a way that I have not seen anyone do before that I am really happy with. I put another hatch in the back deck area for acess and storage. My next install will be an anchor off the bow. I`m still doing some reserch/thinking on that one. I added the larger rudder and that was money very well spent. For my money "Hobie" can trash the little rudder and just put the good one on all their boats to start with. There are not many post out there in kayak land on the Sport. It`s a great LITTLE boat which is the reason I bought mine. Fits in my truck with the tailgate up.