Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:14 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Being a tournament bass fisherman, I am heavy on electronics. I was just going to install some thru hull pucks on my hobie and whatever on a soon to be mine PA. I have 2 lowrance hds10's, a 7 and a 5 on the bass boat. I'm going to order a couple brackets to mount one of them. Is it to much to put a 10" graph on a yak? The reason I am asking is the 7 and 5 graphs dont have the hot keys below the screen and are a pain in the a$$ to scroll through everything. I'm sure a 5 would be fine if I don't install a structure scan, but just don't know if that's to big either. I'm getting into salt so I'm sure I need the different frequency pucks than the ones I use now for shallow water.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:31 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a Humminbird 798Ci SI mounted on my Outback and Pro Angler. I have an arm mounted to a Scotty mount which drops the transducer either to the front or rear and tight against the side. This allows for the water temp reading. I'm not a fan of internal mounts and data loss. This also keeps it out of the way when fishing. I'm also trying to design a good scupper mount.

I use a Ram mount to hold the screen because of the infinate adjustable positions the ball mount allows. I use a large 2" ball and extension arm to provide extra support. I tried the 1"" ball, but it wasn't strong enough.

I bolt it near me so it is easy to read the screen and push the buttons to change screens.

I also have the barametric measuring device mounted and hooked to the Humminbird. Nice for monitoring weather changes. I may hook up the satalite weather receiver. I use two gel cell batteries in a waterproof case which provides enough pwoer for a couple days.

This model has a setting for water type. I have two diffeerent transducers, but they are for different sounding patterns.

I enjoy using this here in Colorado and surrounding states on the lakes and down on the Gulf of Mexico.

This is a great instrument.

Bottom line... Add whatever makes you happy!