Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Having done a traditional 2D fish finder, and side imaging on the yak.... down imaging had to be next !

I have just bought a Lowrance Dsi unit from Redcar, and have spent a long time thinking and finally pimping the Hobie Revolution 11.

I didn't want to lose the use of the rear scuppers (I like the wheels), and used a swinging arm on the SI, so decided on a thru-the-hull installation for the DI transducer.

I made the cradle from some high density foam, and located it between the mast and the mirage drive to avoid cavitation from the fins...

Located the cable gland in the starboard mesh storage pocket (keeps it hidden and allows some slack in the cables)...

Used a waterproof battery bag - fits in the hatch under the seat - nice and easy...

Located the main display unit on the starboard gunwale - and used a quick release Lowrance RAM fitting for the head and Yak Attack RAM ball and gear track...

The unit is very light and so compact, that it can be stowed in the mesh side pocket...

Finished job...

Full detailed illustrated instructions (and cradle measurements for Revo 11 if anyone is interested)...

http://dizzybigfish.co.uk/hobie-revolution-kayak-fishfinder-mount/