Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I took the adventure out last evening for an hour or so. Conditions sucked as the wind was 20+ mph in my face. Even into the wind this boat hauled across the lake. Man I love it and with the sailing rudder it is super responsive. It wasn't unstable at all. I sometimes think that when someone immediately suggests a boat is unstable they are big boys (250+ lbs). I'm 150 so I can move all over the adventure. Was able to sit side saddle for a minute but the water was cold. Tried it out though. The boat is pretty wet in those conditions but I don't mind that. I was really out just to pedal but I was able to catch a little 16" bass and drink a beer with no problem I'm the wind. Mirage drive rocks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:06 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Another thing I love about this boat is that it can be paddled just as good as any kayak. I have a quest which I'll use for day trips on the Brazos river mostly but if I want to camp out there I can still leave the mirage drive at home and just paddle it with gear. (the stretch of river I use is less than a foot deep).
I bought a PA14 for about a week and I couldn't have done that comfortably at all. I listened to the hype but couldn't make myself love the PA at all because I like traditional styles.
Adventure is perfect for me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The fleet (stripped down for cleaning).

Looking for a tandem as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The Addy is an awesome fishing boat! It excells in open ocean conditions b/c of it's speed and ablity to be padded WHEN your drive breaks, not if.