Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Anyone suggest aftermarket seat replacement for Revo 13? Trying to decide between Surf to Summit GTS expedition seat or Skwoosh Big Catch Seat. Will both of these seats fit the Revo without any modifications?
Wish Hobie would provide a better seat options for the Revo, any plans from Hobie to redesign the seats?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:04 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I have and like the Skwoosh High Back with lumbar. I modified it for my i12S, so I can't speak to how it will fit a Revo.

I melted two holes through the webbing at the bottom of the back, where the peg holes are in the Hobie seat. I then used two stainless bolts to attach the Skwoosh on top of the Hobie seat bottom pad. Gives a little more lift & padding than just the Skwoosh pad. I'd think you could do something similar for the Revo, just use the pegs instead of screws. Hope that makes sense.

I like the seat. It's about 2" taller than the Hobie. It's a wrap around design with stiffeners in the back, so it supports your sides & back with very little twist. I hate all the twist in the Hobie seat.

Keep an eye on the construction quality of the Skwoosh. I had to return the first one I got because the stitching was REALLY bad & there was an unstitched piece of binding on the seat pad. Replacement seat was fine.

You may want to wait a few months to see if Hobie introduces a new seat this year. Search around on the forum. There's a few threads on this.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for replies. Will wait a few months to see if Hobie introduces new seat upgrade for the Revo.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:24 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have used the high back Skwoosh seats for the Revolution 13 for years now. You do not need to make any renovations to the kayak, however I do recommend adding two more padeyes for the rear straps. you can use the ones for the well bungee but you have to unhook it to connect the rear strap hooks. Another set of padeyes will let you use both at the same time. Just screw in a set just inside of the original ones. No need to through bolt.

You no longer need the seat pad pegs because the seat pad will stay put without them. The rear straps keep it from sliding forward.

Like any seat once you have the back rest where you want it add a knot in the tag end of the trap against the buckle to lock the strap and prevent slippage.

I currently own the Big Catch. The rod holders are pretty useless and want to tilt and let the butt of your rod go into the seat well. Just use them for a net or tools.
The tackle boxes are great behind the seat. The tackle box is removable too.

I hope this helps.

Revo