Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: YEEE- HAAAA!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:13 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Just sold my Revo, sold my Outback last week.... got a pocket full of money and shopping for my 2015 Outback!!! Yes, I STILL have the PA.

Post subject: Re: YEEE- HAAAA!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:23 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I'm jealous. My 2013 Outback has been on the market a week and not even a nibble yet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:52 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I've had mine on Craig's list Charleston, Savannah, Columbia and Charlotte for a month or so... lots of hits, guy called me this morning, drove over and picked it up. It'll sell - getting real close to Christmas, though...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:54 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I think I'll put my '13 outback on the net in a few weeks. I really haven't used it much at all since getting my PA. The 2015 may be a game changer though. I needed to get the PA just to get the seat!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:38 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Local shops around me saying the 15 OB is 1-2 months away.... backordered, etc. :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Congrats! I do find it wild though how many people are selling there older OB's. I love my 2008 and have put a ton of time and money into it that I know I'd have trouble recuperating. To each his own obviously but I'm still tickled pink every time I head out with the 08 at just how awesome it is. One thing I do need to do is the upgrade kit for the V1.

Are the only reasons people are getting the new ones because of the seat and the glide mirage? In doing the math and the flood of market with OB's and Revos I've seen 2013 and 2014 boats for sub $1500 whereas the new boats are $2300ish. Our local craigslist has about 10 or so OB's and it seems to only grow...for those that haven't sold maybe wait until spring...

I'm rambling (maybe because I'm only slightly jealous of the 2015 owners :lol: ) but congrats on shopping for the new boat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:14 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I have a 2013 Outback, and if I weren't getting a Tandem Island I'd probably be getting a new Outback. I wouldn't sell the old one though, I don't need the money from it and I'd rather have two so someone could go along with me.

I'm very interested in the new seat, I found the old Hobie seats VERY uncomfortable. Put a custom seat with high backrest on my 2013 and it's wonderfully comfortable but I'm still sitting down in the original seat well so if it's at all windy I wind up with a puddle of water under my butt. I wouldn't have room for my custom seatback on the TI's front seat, so was pleased when they announced the upgrades. The new models with the Vantage seat should at least keep me from actually sitting in a puddle, though I have no doubt I'll still be getting wet! :mrgreen:

Not too worked up about the new drives, though I'm sure they're nice. Once I have them on the TI I'll compare them to the old but I find the old style to be quite easy already. Can't imagine the new ones being *that* much better, but if I find they are perhaps I'll upgrade the drive on my old Outback.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:23 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I've had about 6-7 kayaks,...sinks, sots,.... last three were Hobies, the PA I have has spoiled me on the better seat, so looking fwd to new seat set up in 2015 OB. The Revo was tight, very little elbow room and always had a wet butt... (after again being spoiled in the PA ... and the OB for size), I don't need three, so I decided to sell the really old OB (2008) and the Revo and buy the new OB. This way I have two, one for a friend and there are some places I can't trailer the PA in... so, hoping to now have best of both worlds... of the two, I cleared about $2700, new OB is right at $2500, so I got some gravy to trick it out a little.... I'm happy.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:32 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Awesome :D , enough left over for an anchor trolly and some other sweet Hobie goodies! Please post pics when you pick her up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:38 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

redsinthehead wrote:
Just sold my Revo, sold my Outback last week.... got a pocket full of money and shopping for my 2015 Outback!!! Yes, I STILL have the PA.

Congrats! I ordered my '15 Outback 10 days ago, dealer's waiting for delivery date from Hobie. Tentatively mid Dec.

I'm debating how to rig it. Use one of the stock rear rod holes to hold a gopro, the other stock rear rod holds to hold a spare rod. Mount a RAM Tube 2008 on each arm side for the primary rods. Using RAM rod holder adapters, Lowrance Elite 5 Chip on the left and a RAM half tube rod holder on the right. GoPro on the sail mount. Ice bag in the rear deck.

Need recommendations on tethers for the basic tools, pliers, scissors, gaff, etc.

I bought it to go offshore and places where I can't trailer he PA14 to.

Jcanracer wrote:
I'm jealous. My 2013 Outback has been on the market a week and not even a nibble yet.

Good luck JC.. It took two weeks before I started getting hits on my PA and after the first it was like a frenzy of requests to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk