Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:51 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Received my new H-Crate. Really like it. Great way to keep gear assembled and ready for transport to your Hobie. Nice addition to my new 2015 Outback. Some thoughts. You WILL need a firm, flat surface to set this on while assembling. And something like a wooden mallet to tap arms into place. As should be, REALLY snug fit. This unit is NOT for easy disassemble and transport as some have suggested. A little light oil smoothed on arms before inserting makes it easier. The H-Rail system is perfect for add ons.

The H-Rail Tackle Bin tray has drain holes in the bottom. The large bin below however has none. Any water entering the tray (rain, spray) will drip, guess where, into the bin. Engineering flaw, but simple to fix. Break out drill, have at it.

On the new Vantage CT Seat. An engineering marvel, and worth upgrading any older Mirage Hobie for. Instead of waiting for your first trip out learning how to adjust to your liking when you could be fishing or traveling to fish, place unit on carpeted floor, sit in and do the major adjustments to seat and back angle and lumbar.

Just sayen,

Oldguysrule

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:43 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Good tip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:37 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just ordered mine, great product, however and correct me if I'm wrong as I see that it lacks a top lid. I wish they would have included something like a bungee net top, in case we flip. I'm sure I can find one online...