Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Battle of the Bays"
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hobie Kayak Fishermen, I've got some good news...

The CCA CAL State Board met last Wednesday at AFTCO and approved the budget to fund the “Battle of the Bays” CCA CAL Kayak Fishing Tournament. I’ve promised them it will be a “break even” or a $fund raising event and I hope to keep that promise to the board with the support of all involved.

The dates for the TWO tournaments are:
May 6th in Mission Bay at Fastlane Kayaks
June 10th in Santa Monica Bay at the King Harbor Yacht Club

This will be a Catch-Photo-Release Kayak Tournament with an additional Side-Pot for Biggest Fish and a Grand Prize for the combination of the two....all entrants must be a current member of CCA CAL.

The CPR rules are modeled after some “Hobie World” qualifying tourneys.

I’m looking for volunteers to help with all the various jobs up to and including the Tournament days. Please feel free to off to help…LOL…!

Charles "Tatuna" will be working on the t-shirt design and Yani "Fisherman's Belly has offered to prep and cook the food and Hobie Co. with Fastlane and Southwind Kayaks will be the title sponsors along with Cedros Kayak Fishing.

Sign-in and Weigh-in, Food and Prep, Ticket Sales, Set-up and all the volunteer help will be handled by the local SD and LA CCA Chapters.

LASTLY…Many of us in the planning would like this event to be as “all inclusive” as possible; both an event for hardcore tournament fishermen, but also something appealing to the first time tournament kayaker and kids or families.
Please offer any suggestions that you may have to enhance this event to be totally inclusive and fun!

As we get closer and things develop I'll share any info I may have...

I look forward to making this a top shelf tournament that will grow and expand in the future.

Please contact me if you would like more [email protected]

“Battle of the Bays”

Jim / Saba Slayer