Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:11 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm installing the Yak Power wiring system on my 2017 Hobie Pro Angler 14 to control the Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 with 3D StructureScan and Point-1. I'm using the Bioenno Power 30Ah LiFePO4 battery to power everything.

https://youtu.be/RF2JXYYa0n8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey I have watched all of your rigging videos. Out of all the switch panels and Power Systems you have used which one do you recommend? I am wanting to run a power pole, 7" fish finder, lights, and a usb port would be nice.
I do not really want to cut a large hole in my kayak. I do not mind cutting the hole for something the size of the yak power system.
Thanks in advanced!
Tracy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:30 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Traysaw wrote:
Hey I have watched all of your rigging videos. Out of all the switch panels and Power Systems you have used which one do you recommend? I am wanting to run a power pole, 7" fish finder, lights, and a usb port would be nice.
I do not really want to cut a large hole in my kayak. I do not mind cutting the hole for something the size of the yak power system.
Thanks in advanced!
Tracy

Tracy

First, thanks for watching the videos. The Yak Power system does make wiring much easier and cleaner. I won't install a wiring system any where other than the hatch bucket, so the Yak Power makes it easy to install and remove the bucket without modifying it like I had to with the marine switch panel. Having the USB port in the hatch bucket is the best location that way my cellphone or tablet is safe while charging.