Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:54 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi,

As you probably know there is not much space to put some rod holders/ rod mounts on the OASIS Mirage Tandem kayak, it comes with only 2 rod mounts on the very back. So I would appreciate if someone could show some pictures of the solutions they found when adding more rod mounts and adding also camera mount.

I was at the Austin Canoe & Kayak store in San Antonio TX, and they suggested me to go with the rail option, but I dont know if it is the best.

Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:04 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Dcamposs, welcome to the forum. Options for the front cockpit are limited only by your imagination. It looks like there may be some space for ram mounts right in front of the forward rudder up/down handles. The existing lines in that area can probably slide along the mounting hardware. You can also use one of your cup holders to position a ram mount, either flush or jacked up with spacers. How about adding a couple of custom length Hobie "H" rails (like the Pro Angler uses) for mounting all kinds of gear?

I suspect you can get these in various lengths so the span would work with appropriate mounting surfaces on the cockpit rail. Just remember for through-hull fittings, you need to be able to reach the mounting areas from inside the hull through one of the hatches.

For the rear cockpit, many have made multiple rod holders out of PVC, anchored in the existing rod holders. Use the search feature to get more great rigging ideas! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I put scotty flush mount just in back of the front seat. Used tri rivets and marine to attach. Ran them parallel to side of kayak. All ready had Scotty triple rod holders. It works good. Put rod holder transducer and fish finder on one side. and rod holder on the other side