Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fishfinder Question
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello, I am looking to add a Lowrance unit to my new Outback and figured I would ask for some advice on what I should be looking at. I am currently looking at the hook2 5 splitshot and tripleshot. I will be fishing mainly South Florida off the coast up to about 400 ft. Do I need the sidescan option on the triple shot? Also it seems like the tripleshot transducer is not going to fit in the Lowrance scupper area on the Outback. Any advice would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Fishfinder Question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

BassHead wrote:
Hello, I am looking to add a Lowrance unit to my new Outback and figured I would ask for some advice on what I should be looking at. I am currently looking at the hook2 5 splitshot and tripleshot. I will be fishing mainly South Florida off the coast up to about 400 ft. Do I need the sidescan option on the triple shot? Also it seems like the tripleshot transducer is not going to fit in the Lowrance scupper area on the Outback. Any advice would be appreciated.

I have the Hook 5 on my PA 17T and the transducer came with mounting hardware that I used to mount it in the Lowrance ready scupper area and it fit perfectly and the Chirp/Downscan is all I need.