Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:50 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

What are your preferred accessories or mods for tools, lures, etc.
I've been bass fishing a dozen times in my new Compass and I'm tired of my stuff loose all over the place...time to get organized. Looking at the Berley bucket and Hobie rectangular mesh pocket....also looked at magnetic holders...nothing yet jumps out as ideal. What are some solutions that you've tried and are happy with?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

One general tip is to attach several powerful rare earth magnets to the inner walls of the cockpit. Use Goop or something similar that can be easily removed later. Then, stick the lures you are using that day (but not at that moment) to the magnets. They will be out of the way but easily retrievable and will help to keep your cockpit shipshape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:21 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Great idea. Thank you.

Has anyone put the Hobie rectangular map frame/pocket on their Compass? Looks like it should fit ok. That, for used plastics scents, snacks, etc., along with some magnets, might be all I need.
I see that the Berley bucket is generally used on the side of seats, but probably wouldn't work on Compass seat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:57 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Jim_MI wrote:
One general tip is to attach several powerful rare earth magnets to the inner walls of the cockpit. Use Goop or something similar that can be easily removed later. Then, stick the lures you are using that day (but not at that moment) to the magnets. They will be out of the way but easily retrievable and will help to keep your cockpit shipshape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

wow! thanks, I'm struggling to control the mess on my kayak, it would be very helpful Thanks :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

A few accessories that really help you stay organized:

HOBIE H-CRATE

MAP POCKET MOLDED MESH W/FRAME

TACKLE BIN / H-RAIL

TWIST-N-SEAL HATCH KIT, RECTAN

TACKLE MANAGEMENT RACK KIT

TACKLE BOX - MEDIUM BLUE

This video is a great source of inspiration for Compass owners looking to rig for fishing:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:22 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

DaveS the magnets are helpful. I use Ceramic magnets since I fish some in salt water. Mr. Stretch provided some good options. I recommend changing out the round hatch to the rectangle hatch and moving the round hatch up to the front of the boat. The rectangle hatch provides a lot more storage. I like to carry a rain poncho in a waterproof bag and I slide it in the hull to the side of the hatch. The square hatch expands the storage opportunities. I would also recommend the Hobie Gear Keeper. I keep one of these on my PFD with my pliers attached to it. Really handy. And finally the map pocket. I have one on each side and use them both for various things.