Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:28 am 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
Its now official, we've secured Kayak division in the Grand Lagoon National fishing tournament. http://www.grandlagoonnational.com/

Panama City Beach, Florida The Grand Lagoon National, scheduled for August 20-24, 2008, is really eight tournaments in one. Organizers are convinced that the unique format will appeal to virtually every kind of saltwater fishing enthusiast.

DIVISIONS
SCHEDULE

Bring the entire Family for a weekend of fun. There will be plenty to do for the "non" fisher people in your family.

Grand Lagoon National Attracts Big Time Entertainers

America's Saltwater Fishing Tournament is already catching the big ones, only they are being caught on-shore. Tournament organizers have announced an ambitious schedule of parties and special events to complement the competitive fishing. The names on that schedule are as famous in Nashville and the music world as they are in fishing circles.

Billy Currington heads the long list of entertainers who will make tournament appearances. A top ten recording artist, Billy stormed onto center stage with his a top ten recording of "Walk a Little Straighter" in 2003, which was followed with "I Got a Feelin", a smash hit that made the top five. Since then Billy has graced the cover of Playgirl (clothed), preformed at the Country Music Awards and gone on to record such hits as "Why, Why, Why," "Doin Something Right," and "Here I am." Billy highlights the Grand Lagoon schedule on Friday, August 22.

On Thursday, August 21 the main stage belongs to country legend Daryle Singletary who has been widely hailed as one of the finest country singers of the past twenty years and a true heir to George Jones. He has hit the country radio charts fourteen times, including three top ten hits. Up and coming recording artist Shawn Rader holds the under bill for Thursday night's concert. His latest CD, "Heartfelt Country" reflects the lessons learned from opening for such greats as The Oak Ridge Boys, Johnny Cash, Loretta Lynn and Merle Haggard.

Sunday, August 24 is "family day," and what better way to celebrate than with Florida's first family of country music – the Rader Family. Veterans of over 5000 performances at the Ocean Opry on Panama City Beach, the Rader family holds a special place among southern performers. Be it county, bluegrass or Gospel, the Rader family offers pure entertainment to fans of all ages.

Currington, Singletary, Shawn Rader and the Rader family are just the beginning. The Grand Lagoon National will have great entertainment and multiple bands Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Captain Andersons, Captain Hooks, the Treasure Ship and the Boatyard will also feature tournament entertainment.

http://www.sunjammers.com
www.facebook.com/sunjammers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:21 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Sounds like fun, I will try to make it :D

Hobie Outback and wife has a Hobie Sport

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:50 am 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
Has anyone giving this event any thoughts? next Thursday is the tournament committee meeting, any feed back would be helpful and also a show of hands on who wants to come.

http://www.sunjammers.com
www.facebook.com/sunjammers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I will try to make it. I will be new to saltwater kayak fishing as I moving from Missouri to Brooksville, FL on July 1st. I have friends in the area, so it is a nice excuse to go see them.

Hobie Outback and wife has a Hobie Sport