Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:36 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm guessing 95% of mpd510's ProAngler fishing is over a mile offshore in the Texas Gulf of Mexico.
mpd510 says: "The only issue i have had is that on rougher days going out it tends to break through wave instead of going over them. This can cause the front storage area to take in water (not into the hull, just into the front tray).
The steering is very sensitive and take some getting used to as not to over steer. The best thing about it is how comfortable you are while fishing in it. Even after 5-7 hours my butt does not hurt.
I know there are some who disagree that this is a BTB yak but I could not be happier."

What others say:

"mpd510 has one i fished with him on sat. it looked to me like it handled well the only downside i see to it is how heavy it is. it was pretty fast too i had to really paddle my t140 to keep up when we were heading out"

and another said:

"I have to admit, when we were at sun oil week before last I was just a little jealous watching mpd510 fly around in his! Made me think twice, that is for sure. I have to load/unload my yak from the the top of the pathfinder alone too much to deal with the weight though..."

mpd510's 6-7' shark. Hobie ProAngler, BTB (Beyond The Breakers) Surfside Texas June 06, 2009

May 28th, 2009, BTB (at Sun Oil,) Texas; smaller sharks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Cool Pictures!

Probably a pretty retarded question but I'm no fisherman. When you catch something like that do you release it or keep it?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:17 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Personally, I release those and only eat fish which have both fins AND scales, but most of those guys eat them, some eat scollops too (stingray wings, melon balled) ... a shark steak doesn't taste a lot different than a redfish steak if cooked in the same pan most people wouldn't know the difference between the two probably.

My grandad and I used to eat hardheads (saltwater catfish which are not Gaftopsail catfish) too, and hardly anyone does that, but if you remove all the red meat and just cook the white they are ok.