Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:04 pm 
Hobie Team Member

aloha to all. I am boogie-d, an avid hobie adventure island sailing fishing fool. I live and fish the north shore of the island Oahu in the Hawaiian island chain. the fishing has been great for the month of September. I personally boated three mahi mahi and a 28 pound ono. also landed a few barracuda and two nice uku. also boated a nice blue trevally. ono and uku sashimi the best mmmm. we fish the first ledge somewhere between 20 and 50 fathoms. its an area where a crab fisherman has set up a series of crab pots and bouys that stretch about twelve miles long down the coast. the crab fisherman have removed there bouys and traps for a rehaul. so lately there has only been about 4-5 pots compared to the normal of about 20 pots. the bouys and rope attached to the pots make for a great fish agregate. so most of the fish i caught last month were caught in the blind. we usually hook up near the crab pot bouys. just two days ago mike caught a 45 pound ono the biggest one yet. if you want to fish on oahu this winter check us out at www.coastalkayaktours.com. aloha from boogie-d tight lines and screamin reals. Image Image Image