Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Compass 2018
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:31 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a 2018 Hobie Compass kayak, Sea Green in color. The overall shape is good. I have the documentation that came with the kayak. am asking $1000, located in Kalamazoo MI.

The Good:
Most of the hull and all of the components are in great shape.
There are a lot of YakAttack rails and Mighty Mounts; lots of space for rod holders, camera mounts etc.
There is a Hobie Side Ama Kit included.
The number of hours on the water is pretty low.
I changed the hatch in front of the seat to the large Hobie rectangular hatch. I am including a gear
bucket
I installed an 8" Hobie Twist and Seal hatch in the bow storage area. I will include a deep gear bucket and a battery tray, but only one can be used at a time.
An Eagle Cuda 168 sonar is installed and included. Eagle was the bargain division of Lowrance. They use the same transducers and are the same build quality. The difference is the software, which has less features than the Lowrance

The Bad:
2018 was the first year for the Compass. For some reason the accessory port was not included. So, the sail kit or the bimini shade can't be used.
I didn't know until after I installed the rectangular hatch, that the foam inside the hull needs to be rearranged. When that is done it is loose and can move around the hull and doesn't provide support around the hatch area. I took the foam and glued it in to fix both problems. I also made a frame around foam blocks with PVC pipe to hold it all together. None of this is visible from the outside. It is pretty solid.
I had to make a minor alteration to the hole where the line for the rudder up and down came through the hull; the one that is near the seat. it is a good repair, but not pretty. It isn't ugly either and is mostly unnoticeable with the line run through and the cam cleat mounted.
These are the only real "problems" for the hull. here are some normal wear such as scuffs and scratches.
I have included pictures of the Kayak and of the "problem" areas. I have a lot of high resolution pictures I can provide if desired.

Post subject: Re: Compass 2018
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:58 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Price reduced to $800

Post subject: Re: Compass 2018
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:16 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

whaletosh wrote:
Price reduced to $800

Do you still have this?