Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi All,

I don't want to try beach landing my PA12 with the mast up, and my H-rail paddle holders are too small to secure the furled mast and sail. I was wondering if any one had made a work-around. All suggestions are welcome. My current solution is using my undersized, H-rail paddle holders, with a velcro strap holding it to the H -bar system, but I'm considering making something out of wood and old wetsuit material/neopreme. I also have the 2 screw in paddle holders which holds each half of my paddle, behind my seat. However, I would rather have both my Furled sail and fully assembled paddle easily accessible. One other concern is that they need to stored so that they don't interfere with my rudder, 360 controls, and/or the furling system running on the left, inside of my H-rail. I plan on running the sheet to a Camcleat on the right inside rail (see below for additional info)

Finally, I'd like to install a "Spinlock single Camcleat" on a H-rail Mounting plate, and a Ronstan Series 20, single Block, with a Shackle/swivel Head, attached to the rear Padeye (Both for the Main Sheet). Suggestions are also welcomed.

Thanks for your help,

Mike