Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:20 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

imerc11 wrote:
This is My 2011 Hobie Outback with Jackson seat upgrade....you might just like it. http://youtu.be/d5MkESC55lQ?list=UUuRAL ... ri4H5a85cg

Nice... but most Adventure and Revo owners don't like the
elevated COG. I've been down the "Jackson Silver Elite seat" road before...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:08 am 
Site Rank - Captain

imerc11

Very nice, but i would put small pads under the front contact points to spread out the weight a little. If i was to do mine over yours is the way i would do it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just purchased an Adventure Island, LAST YEARS model, with last years seat. Got a fantastic price!!! thats a ton of yak/sail for the buck. Thanks Hobie!!! Sailed around our area for hours, and loved it. What a blast. (I've never sailed a day before in my life!) I do a lot of motorcycling, and if anyone's rear has trouble in 'the saddle' they should invest in some type of gel or air cushion. there are many on the market that are relatively thin, and will not raise you up more than half an inch. I use an adjustable air cushion on my bike, and it would be perfect on this yak, if I needed it. My only regret is not buying the Tandem, but my dealer sold out of last years, and there was a huge diff in cost in the new ones.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have an older Outback. I also have a TerraTrike Rover recumbent trike. After the first practice run with the Outback I realized my butt wasn't compatible with the seat. I made a simple mounting bracket for the Rover seat with a piece of aluminum, four seat plugs, and a pair of L-brackets. I had to mount two more L-brackets in the rear deck for the back support which limits accessories there. The seat sits higher, and it rocks a bit, but is stable enough for my river camping trips (I don't fish) even with a large amount of gear piled on the rear. The bracket has some design problems, mostly with the plug handles being too close to the brackets which makes them difficult to tighten. I'm making a better version soon.

I like imerc11's Jackson seat idea however I dislike backrest support straps. My past experience with a stadium seat in a canoe was bad due to the buckles slipping, even with the loose ends tied. The Rover seat is a full frame but unfortunately is not available separately from the trike.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:05 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hobie should develop a raised seat for the older boats. All they'd have to do is give a disclaimer that it raises your center of gravity so it decreases stability. There are plenty of fresh water fisherman like myself who would actually prefer the raised position and would buy it in a heart beat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:56 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

If you're concerned about wet butt, you can wear a water proof diaper.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

has anyone tried mounting "beach chairs"?
https://nantucketbabyrentals.com/product/beach-chairs/
obviously not as stable etc. but the old seats are killing me. (I have a 2nd hand 2007 i14t)
I am willing to go into a bold compromise.
the width of 40cm is narrow- i guess i will look for comfy kiddy seats :-)