Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Revolution Sail rigging
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:22 am 
Site Rank - Captain

We have purchased new kayaks. My husband a Revolution with sail kit and myself an Adventure Island. We had our maiden voyage yesterday. We got much better at sailing, but have a few questions.
How does anyone run the sail rigging in the Revolution? The AI, of course has much more elaborate rigging, but is there a way to run the lines in the Revolution so that you don't have to hold the sail constantly and have it flapping around? Plus on the Revo how does one wrap the sail when you don't want to use it. Do you stop and take it out and attach to the extra paddle spot, or is there a way to wrap it where it stands?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:33 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Congratulation on your purchase. My wife has a Sport and & have the Revolution. I'm envious as I got to sail a AI yesterday. What a boat!
To answer your questions. Here is a link to about furling a Revo sail.
http://www.hobiecat.com/community/viewt ... ht=furling

If you do a search there are many posts about modifications for the Revo. Do a search of Furling, Rigging.

Here are some posts for rigging the Revo sail.

http://www.hobiecat.com/community/viewt ... il+rigging

There are other posts about thiis but can't find them right now.
I have the block rigging for mine and will do the furling next week. Do you have the sailing rudder and sidekicks for the Revo? Both are well worth the cost and will greatly improve your enjoyment. The rudder is a must in my book. And the side kicks work great.

Hope this helps.
Bruce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:40 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the links. We were out again today and each of us are getting better. I LOVE my AI. It is THE funnest toy!! My husband likes a bit more of a challenge and he's working out the bugs with his sail. I'm ordering the sidekicks for him, which look like they will increase his fun. My "training wheels" work great and give me tremendous security. Our next trip will be to a more challenging lake for more practice before we spent a couple months in Va Beach as Camp Hosts. Thanks for your help!