Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:38 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

OK,

Some questions as I get ready to re-fit my used H-20...

Yeiks, If I was looking at the correct one at an online Hobie dealer is it really $1,000 for a new mesh H-20 tramp?

Also, recommend solid lacing? (not bungie) correct?.. Kevlar or non-stretch type line?

What are you guys running for downhaul purchase? I recall on the 20 the downhaul was a very powerful tool in de-powering the sail... back in the day the crew would play the downhaul on the puffs... is that still a common practice on the H-20?

Thx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:06 am 
Site Admin

$926

The H20 trampoline is VERY labor intensive and we just don;t make enough these days to get the efficiency of mas production.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:23 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Quote:
What are you guys running for downhaul purchase? I recall on the 20 the downhaul was a very powerful tool in de-powering the sail... back in the day the crew would play the downhaul on the puffs... is that still a common practice on the H-20?

8:1 on the downhaul...cascading if you can rig it. The crew working the downhaul can be very efficient in de-powering the sail and actually gaining speed during a puff.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:26 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you've got any thoughts at all about class racing, and if you bought a 20 I don't know why you wouldn't, be sure to get the factory trampoline to keep your boat class legal. I bought one in '09, it's total quality, I've never regretted it. Class racing is a blast even for those of us at the back of the pack.

H16 Seabreeze #112205 (Richard Petty Signature Edition)
H14T Fantasia #47787
San Juan 28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:50 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

MVD wrote:
If you've got any thoughts at all about class racing, and if you bought a 20 I don't know why you wouldn't, be sure to get the factory trampoline to keep your boat class legal. I bought one in '09, it's total quality, I've never regretted it. Class racing is a blast even for those of us at the back of the pack.

Well, I never said I wouldn't go with a class legal tramp... it's just a mind bender when you pay $2200 for a H-20 with a pretty fair aluminum trailer and it's $1K for the tramp.

My real delema is the hulls have soft spots and I'm not sure I want to totally invest in this particular H-20. If the hulls were in better shape I'd plunk down for a new tramp tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:37 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

My old trampoline is stored in my attic where it's not getting much use. It's a teal green, '97 model. I'd been holding onto it in case I did something stupid to my new one. It's still servicable, I'd grade it good for it's age. It's got an inch long cut in the aft left area that's been sewn together with a patch. I sailed with it for a season and had no issues. A sail loft or a canvas shop could make sure it's sewn right and will last. If you are interested, shoot me a private email.

H16 Seabreeze #112205 (Richard Petty Signature Edition)
H14T Fantasia #47787
San Juan 28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:26 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Sent you a PM

MVD wrote:
My old trampoline is stored in my attic where it's not getting much use. It's a teal green, '97 model. I'd been holding onto it in case I did something stupid to my new one. It's still servicable, I'd grade it good for it's age. It's got an inch long cut in the aft left area that's been sewn together with a patch. I sailed with it for a season and had no issues. A sail loft or a canvas shop could make sure it's sewn right and will last. If you are interested, shoot me a private email.