Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:09 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

MBounds wrote:
Right-click on the actual image in Imgur, then paste between the [img] tags in the forums. The URL for your image is https://i.imgur.com/LKHzeJV.jpg (note that it ends in .jpg).

Thanks for your help. When I get some more pics I'll have to try it again. Not much to look at here. This is the day we picked her up and we just arrived back home.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:48 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

mgrant8163 wrote:
Cork Guy wrote:
Bring it to Woodward May 20 & 21st !
It would be a great learning weekend for you and your crew.

Nice warm lake, Fleet 20 rents the group camp site where you can camp next to your boat!

This is the best regatta of the Year for new sailors.

I totally agree. I printed out the flyer already. Now I just need to convince my family that this would be fun. I have to be honest...but my family has actually never been camping. Are there any hotels nearby? My wife's view of roughing it is that the hotel doesn't have a spa. On the map Woodward is about 2 hours south of our house. Maybe my son and I can make it a day trip.

Thanks/MG

Oakdale is only 5 or 6 miles away with Hotels and its also the Oakdale Chocolate Festival weekend. Modesto and Stockton are about 25 miles away with lots of hotel options.

Once again I would say bring your boat and have a couple of the guys look it over. You don't have to enter the race. The organizers are also looking for volunteers to ride on the chase boats (a great way to see the action up close), the committee boat (help with flags and scoring) and also at the Saturday night dinner at the campsite. From what I hear there will be 10 or more H20's coming to this event! There will be beginner (my status), intermediate and some expert H20 sailors at this event plus there will be chase boats on the water to help if needed.

Send me an email with your phone number and I can describe in greater detail. corkguy1390 ( at) sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:22 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Cork Guy wrote:
mgrant8163 wrote:
Cork Guy wrote:

Nice warm lake, Fleet 20 rents the group camp site where you can camp next to your boat!

I totally agree. I printed out the flyer already. Now I just need to convince my family that this would be fun. I have to be honest...but my family has actually never been camping. Are there any hotels nearby? My wife's view of roughing it is that the hotel doesn't have a spa. On the map Woodward is about 2 hours south of our house. Maybe my son and I can make it a day trip.

Thanks/MG

Oakdale is only 5 or 6 miles away with Hotels and its also the Oakdale Chocolate Festival weekend. Modesto and Stockton are about 25 miles away with lots of hotel options.

Once again I would say bring your boat and have a couple of the guys look it over. You don't have to enter the race. The organizers are also looking for volunteers to ride on the chase boats (a great way to see the action up close), the committee boat (help with flags and scoring) and also at the Saturday night dinner at the campsite. From what I hear there will be 10 or more H20's coming to this event! There will be beginner (my status), intermediate and some expert H20 sailors at this event plus there will be chase boats on the water to help if needed.

Send me an email with your phone number and I can describe in greater detail. corkguy1390 ( at) sbcglobal.net

Corkguy-

Sent you an email mail with my cell number.

I got a green card for Saturday at Woodward!!! It will most likely be just my son and I for the day but that will be enough to meet your group. I'm still working on my wife and daughter.

I'm really looking forward to meeting you guys and getting our boat in the water for some fun sailing (not ready for racing unless you have a "clown" class). We'll see if I remember anything from my old H16 racing days as a kid, I'd love to volunteer in a chase boat to help out and learn more.

The pic on this site is our boat being towed by my son's truck. I think we'll drive the same rig so that you can recognize us when we get there. Either that or look for the guy that looks like he has absolutely no idea what's going on.

Hopefully I get to talk to you this week more via cell.

Mike

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:19 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Cork Guy wrote:

It was so nice to meet so many of you this past weekend at Woodward lake. There is no way that I could have put my boat together without all of your help, especially from Cork Guy who stuck by me the entire day. You guys in Fleet 20 are definitely the nicest people I've met in a long time.

The light air out there on Saturday was just perfect for our maiden voyage so that I could get used to the H20.

Thanks again,

Mike