Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:08 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hi Guys, I need a new port hull for my H20. I would consider buying a whole boat but it depends on the specimen.

Let ,me know what you have or know of.....

Fleet 259 Central Coast California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:11 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

wscotterwin- I have a 20 that I just picked up a couple weeks ago. The guy who owned it before me was a big racer, he did a lot of work to the boat. I've taken it out twice and I think its a little too much for my wife. Was hoping it would be something fun for me to sail and teach her on but she won't be excited to learn if she's afraid of the thing. I wasn't thinking I'd sell it yet but after seeing your post maybe that could be a win win. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions, no pressure not even sure if you're still looking just though I'd throw it out there. Here is the original post with some edits from me at the end:

"Opportunity to own one of the fastest and most stable cats made.

This is like seeing a brand new one. Stored high and dry and completely covered, mast down and all gear except the hulls stored indoors. Hulls are perfect and newly re-built, no leaks, no issues and have custom graphics...Two sets of sails, one practice set and one brand new Elliot Pattison race set (square top, top of the line). Two brand new spinnakers and forward wip spin chute cover and one practice spin also. . 2 sets of daggerboards - race and practice, EPO rudders, multiple trampolines including a new SLO tramp as well as a Hobie OEM. Everything else is completely new, standing and running rigging, stay masters, traps are all adjustable with clam cleats AND ball connectors - not the hooks, harnesses, Spinlocks everywhere, 10:1 Harken main, new downhaul with spinlocks, Custom carbon spin pole with SNU and spinnaker. Brand new self-tacker and all the hardware (not installed yet)...trailex with cradles on trailer & Box, new cat trax with cradles as well..just added custom soft decking on hulls - big difference in comfort and grip and it looks awesome

Does not need anything at all for years of sailing...everything that could be replaced or rebuilt was.

It's really a miracle! And racers around the world would agree that the Hobie Miracle 20 is a step above all other production catamarans. This high performance racing cat is designed for advanced sailors who plan on leaving the competition behind.

The Miracle 20 is fully loaded, with efficient, hydrodynamic hulls, a powerful, high-aspect ratio sail plan and elongated dagger boards. It delivers maximum power and acceleration with exceptional handling. With high performance at such an affordable price, you won't soon forget this MIRACLE.

Standard Features:

White Hulls with Colored Graphics

Adjustable Kick-Up Rudders for Easy Beaching

Colored Mylar Race-Ready Main Sail

Comptip Mast for Safety and High Wind Performance

White Tri-Radial Dacron Jib

Harken Blocks

Furling Jib

Double Trapeze System

Optional Features:

Colored Hulls

Roller Furling Jib

Spinnaker Rig

Hobie Cat Miracle 20 With White Sails
Length: 19' 6"
Beam: 8' 6"
Mast Length: 31'
Sail Area: 250 Sq. Ft.
Weight: 420 lbs.
Hull: Fiberglass/Foam Sandwich
Manufacturer: Hobie Cat"

Me:

The Practice sails need a good cleaning/mouse hole in the jib (probably salvageable).
Only one trampoline (SLO)
Soft decking in not in new condition. Doesn't need to be replaced but "new" isn't accurate.
There are also a bunch of other odds and ends like weather vanes 3 harnesses, sail cover, 3 spares tires for the trailer, a gps heading/speedometer ($399).