Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sailing Lake Washington
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:58 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I am new to the Washington State catamaran experience. I have only sailed my boat 7 times with 6 times from Magnussen Park and once from Coulon Park in Renton ($16 ouch). I have not sailed from Sail Sand Point as it does not sound easy to hand lauch my 21SE from that location and is much easier at Magnussen Park.

I generally just beam reach it most of the day playing the whole area between the Magnussen Park and SSP on the west and Juanita bay and Yarrow bay on the east. My crew is generally my son and daughter with my dad joining us. They are all not experienced sailors nor are they ready for the higher winds and spinnaker.

It would be great to sail with other boats and I have seen many on the water. Other than the races located all over the region and not that many events, what are the other best ways to sail with others? Every weekend informal races or destination sails? I would like to get sailing tips and help with rigging and sailing the spinnaker on my boat. Should I sail over to SSP whenever I get on the water to join other sailors?