Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:37 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

To all,

Division 4 encompasses Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Washington, and British Columbia.
Our areas ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING is fast approaching. And although the exact time/date has not yet been determined we historically hold this during the 1st week of November or close to that.
UPDATE - NOVEMBER 6TH @ 10:00. SAIL SAND POINT - HOBIECATS NORTHWEST

I would like to encourage each of you to submit any ideas or suggestions to the Divisions leadership now, so that we can have a clear agenda for 2011 and spend our time working on issues that truly matter to the majority.
The Division Bylaws are available for anyone to review at
[url]http://www.div4.hobieclass.com/site/hobie/div4/downloads/%20Div_4_ByLaws_Rev_2_-_Approved[1].pdf[/url]
You should be able to cut/past the URL into your browser. If not email me and I will send you a copy. datchley(at)gmail(dot)com

The AGM is also the time to elect new officers for 2011.
I do not intend to remain in the role of Division 4 Chairman for 2011. Therefore we will be seeking candidate nominations.

I would also ask that you forward this to anyone you know of that is not receiving emails via the Google Group format.

Sincerely,
Don Atchley
Division 4 Chair

Last edited by OLD SCHOOL 18 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:24 am, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:40 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

As a Hobie member for the last few years, I have enjoyed the priviledge of meeting some of the most amazing people that have both inspired and taught me the value of friendship and the passion for sailing.

I have also had the opportunity of sailing on both a Hobie 16 and a Hobie Tiger by the fortune of my husband's Will and desire. Although I do prefer the social aspect (food) more than sailing!

Wrapping up this year, I've been watching closely at the communication between Hobie members on different forums and amazed by the passion for the Hobie Way that I imagined Hobie Alter had envisioned would transcend to the very fibre of each member.

So I hope this AGM will be filled with great and NEW ideas. And I hope those that have raised issue will be present with suggestions. It is the responsibility of each Hobie member within their own Fleets to make their contribution. As they say, it doesn't take one person to raise a child, but a village.

If you want a voice in what you think matters then come to the AGM. This is your chance to be heard. We volunteer our time to promote and support the sport and the fun of catamaran sailing. Let's hope each member's focus at this AGM will be the best of intentions for everyone in the Division. Not to just preserve it but GROW and lead by example for all Divisions in North America.

Tequila Girl.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:10 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

UPDATE - Please not exact date/time.

See you there. :D