Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:41 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

h17cat wrote:
Recommend Paul Evenden for H-18. Paul has been a strong leader for the class, has attended all the recent H-18 NA's, plus Chaired two Hobie Cat NA's.

Caleb

Since he is being railroaded...... Should Someone warn Paul about the oncoming train

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:57 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

MUST5429 wrote:
xanderwess wrote:
Wow, I hate to pat Cooley on the back, but his articulation of what exactly we're looking for truly hit the nail on the head.

Any suggestions for 20? What about 16? This should be lively.
Ass Fleet?

A natural for the 20 would be Phil AND Beverly Collins, but I'm not sure anyone can twist his arm that hard.
But Phil's just a natural...period. I've witnessed both being so very helpful to anyone who asks. What a class couple. I'll second the motion, doesn't cost to ask. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You got his phone number don't you John? :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:51 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

xanderwess wrote:
I think that every class in the association needs to have a 'Commodore/Class Chair', a person that organizes, informs and build excitement up and support for, their class, and can be a point of contact/liason to the HCA Board.This subject has been discussed for a while, but it is time to act.
Rob Jerry has taken the volunteer position for the Tiger fleet. That leaves the
14, 16, 17, 18, 20 and Wave.
I am really looking for a volunteers, that will work to get their classes organized and fired up. Good communication skills and internet access are a big plus. I would really like to hear some names tossed out there so we can get this in place and published before year end.
Lets do this.
cw
[email protected]

In the interest of getting the ball rolling on this great idea, I am going to attempt to build an E-Mail List to be used in promoting all things Hobie 18.

This will be a great way to build attendance and enthusiasm for an outstanding class of boat. The possibilities for strengthening the class are truely exciting.

If you would like to have your name included on the E-Mail list of Hobie 18 owners/sailors please forward youtr contact information to me at
[email protected]

If you have any interest in being the Hobie 18 Class Chair, please let me know. The idea is to add a point of contact not add more to my plate. I am just excited about the possibilities and eager to get the ball rolling, and then pass it off to someone that can do the position justice.

Stephen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:02 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi Chris and Stephen,

[quote: Must5429}
Item # 1. The Hobie 18 is the Finest most versatile Catamaran ever concieved, designed, engineered, and built. BY ANYONE ! ! ! :D

Now someone with that much enthusiam for the H18 (and a National Ranking of ????) is just a NATURAL for a "H18 Div Class Captain" !!!!! ..... or even H18 National Class Commodore!!!!!

When this idea was first broached last year in a tyrannical E-Mail to Bob Merrick from some UNKNOWN sailor, little did they realize or hope that people would actually listen to the idea through all the anger ..... most people just turn away when confronted w/ that much directed anger. The HCA-NA is very fortunate to have such smart and good people involved ..... THANK YOU

Here in Div11 we are currently conducting a poll among the H18 sailors to select a H18 Div11 Class Captain Representative. Mr George Kuney has agreed to put his name forward to be the FIRST Div11 H18 Class Captain. George has attended quite a few H18 Nationals/North Americans and was both H18 Div11 Champion and High Points Winner for a number of years. His "Frankenboat" and "RV" are famous. He is always friendly and shares H18 secrets w/ "Newbies" all the time.

Personally, I don't think I've earned that distinction (yet). I have never won the Div Championship or Highpoints. I have only attended (1) North Americans/Nationals in all my years of sailing Hobies, though over time I have competed in approximently 150 "Points Regattas". This year due to economics I was able to only attend two Points Regattas, and for one of them I was the organizer .... And then there are my "MOMENTS", these are usually preceded by a flash of brilliant white light and a mushroom cloud followed by loud vocal sounds !!!! I just don't tolerate stupidity for stupidity's sake very well, mine or others ..... I need to learn to let "things go" .... or age faster and mellow out ..... maybe more grey hairs will help ....

(Actually sailing w/ my niece Megan has tempered my outbursts/moments quite abit .... )

So I think I should and need to work hard for some time supporting whomever my fellow Div11 H18 sailors select and maybe someday I will be fortunate and they will select me .....

And YES ..... the Hobie 18 is the Finest and Best Double-Handed, Racing/Beach Cat Catamaran ever built !!!!!!!

Sail Flat, Sail Fast, Sail Safe

H-18 mag/ #9458
Fleet 54 Div 11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:20 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Well, the whole point of the Class Rep thing is to facilitate communication, excitement and participation in each class. We have made end roads with a few of the classes thankfully. Paul Evenden has agreed to be the initial Class REP for the Hobie 18s. He's a good guy and he knows everyone, and with Stephen and Clint's initiative in setting up a public forum/web presense www.hobie18.org these guys are off and running. 25 members of the Hobie 18 club signed up after only one day. Wow.
Still looking for 14,17,fxone :cry: 20 and wave guy. Nobody has said anything about the 16, what do you all think we should do about that?
I really like the fact that people are emailing me all the time with suggestions comments and the like. I really want to get this all in place very soon, so we can work towards next season and HavaMega.
We are on the cusp of growth, its coming, we deserve it, and we'll work to get things to where we need/want them to be.
Contact me off line with anything you may want to add. [email protected]
Chris Wessels
HCA-NA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:23 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chris,

It is my belief EVERY Hobie Class and the HCA-NA would benefit from having a "Class Advocate"/Class Captain. In the larger divisions I would propose that there is a "Divisional Class Captain" to communicate to the DIV Commodore and "National Officers" on various issues: ex- attendence at up-coming events. In the smaller divisions it's even of more importance .....

Karl: The FX-One HAS to be your's ......

Chris & Matt: How about Bill Kast (from Div11) for the H17 class ????

H-18 mag/ #9458
Fleet 54 Div 11