Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:55 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Five H18s went down to the Pinata regatta this past October and had a blast. 16 hours of driving was worth it. The venue made it easy for a group atmosphere to exist, with boats, food, and lodging all close together, it was easy to gather and chat it up before and after each race day. I'm sure we could gather at least that many boats for a NAs.

Tom
Fleet 259

H18 ('85)
H20 ('97)
H18 ('78)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:08 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

We would definitely make the trip down from Division 4 in the Northwest/Western Canada.
Any chance of avoiding October?
how about not doing 16/18 together?
We lost some 18 sailors in Galveston to the 16 fleet and I know we had a bunch of 16 guys on 18's at Mohave and probably will do again at Huntington Lake, CA...
just my $0.02 worth...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

October really is the best time of the year to sail in Rocky Point, it is also when we host our annual division 2 regatta, this event is an extension of that regatta.

Regionally, the two strongest fleets are the 16s and the 18s. We need to promote the event in a way that helps ensure that we have good attendance - And the most boats, within the shortest distance, are 16s and 18s. We still expect to draw attendees from the rest of the county/N. America, but it is a big help to have a head start with a strong local/regional attendance.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:40 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hope the Mexican Government gets its act together as I have been reading about weird stuff with the mexican IRS seizing boats down there. Sounds like a risky place to visit till the Government gets its act together. Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:42 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yo Hobie Friends,

Went down to Puerto Penasco a couple weeks ago, shot a video of the venue and beach front. Unrehearsed, unedited, and with questionable production values, it still gives a good overview of what we have going on down there. Breezy on this day... also a good shot of the several hundred Gringos in their super-jumbo expensive motorhomes that winter in our RV park, apparently they didn't get the message that their rig was in danger of being taken by the Mexican IRS :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQVRTDiTqM

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwQVRTDiTqM[/youtube]

By the way, here is a link to auctions conducted by the American IRS - http://www.treasury.gov/auctions/IRS/index.html - to sell off property seized here in the US. Looks like some good deals! No one I talked to in Puerto Penasco has ever heard of such a thing here, but I suppose you can't be too careful.

EDIT - Thought I was smart enough to embed the video, I'll keep trying, in the meantime the link works

Thanks, T

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Well, it's official, our bid for the 2015 H16 NACs is out to the voting members of HCA-NA. Figure that might stir up a bit of discussion, so back to the top with this one.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:31 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

What week did you bid for?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

October 12-16. It is the right time for the venue