Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:59 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Race what you bring is the forum...there will be mono and multi restricted to boats under 20 feet. AI, TI, Cats are welcome. I expect the local Vanguard fleet will participate. Dunno the format yet. First and third Saturdays each month. I think it will be corrected via PHRF but nobody will be too fussy (at least at first) whether or not you have a legit PHRF cert from an accredited body. I'll post more when I know more. Reply if it sounds like something interesting to you.

BMW C600
Formerly Getaway with Custom Spinnakers
Formerly raced F24 Mk II

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:45 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sounds like fun.

Please let me know when you have more details.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:29 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The second race will be this coming Saturday (first race was cancelled due to no wind). This one might also be just a tune up since the primary race organizer is going to the Caribbean to bareboat (I am green with envy). In any case, folks will be preparing boats at the Benicia Marina on 5th street launch ramp at noon on this Saturday the 15th. I will be there with my Getaway. Format is "race what you bring" and I don't know anything more than that. One of the race organizers owns a Hobie tiger. Most participants, though, will probably be Venture centerboard boats. I've invited two 18s and one AI and one WR17.

IN my experience, you are never unhappy with your boats' performance until you race it...just sayin'...

BMW C600
Formerly raced F24 Mk II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:37 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Were you able to get some races in?

I will be at the Hobie Monterey Regatta next weekend but after that I would be curious if there are any more races in Benicia. If you are interested in Monterey pm me and I will send you the NOR.

Also My office is in Benicia off 680 if you would like to measure my Tiger spinnaker I have both a 19 & 21m

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:56 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Turned out that it was mostly slower Vanguards who were newby's and under instruction. One Hobie Wave played but it wasn't worth the time. I have my SeaRail 19 which might be able to keep up with you (or at least not fall as far behind as the Getaway would have). Thanks for the NOR offer, but no longer own a Hobie. Have received spin data from someone else, so thanks for the offer but no longer needed. Keep in touch; your office is less than 2 miles from me. I'll be learning the ropes on my SeaRail over the next few months and will be launching once a week as long as the rains stay away.

BMW C600
Formerly raced F24 Mk II