Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:55 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Ahoy TriFoiler owners,
I have retired from Hobie as of November of 2020. I bought the remaining parts and molds that I thought would be valuable to the owners still foiling around.
Some of the major items are as follows:
3 main hulls still in original shipping boxes. I am going to blow them out for only $1,000 each. They have been slightly cannibalized.
1 pair of amas. $2,400
2 pairs of upper masts. Make me a deal.
Center beams,
Outer beams.
1 shock absorber
1 sensor arm
BFCs Beam foil connection castings
1 rudder
See photo album for pictures of bits and pieces of dedicated TF parts.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JCwNz2bboXfGk5va8

On the other side of the race track... there is another Foiler

Also in this photo album, are pictures of Greg's dream to build the latest foiler, We called it QuadFoiler. Unfortunately, the project got damaged by a storm while in Thailand. It was returned and put away until I brought it home. I'm looking for someone with experience in carbon fiber to take on a project that will be the next fastest sailboat on the water. Here is Greg's Facebook page with design concept drawings and details of the build. Greg will assist in consultation of further designing.
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=102 ... 3923326348

[email protected]

Fair winds and following seas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:03 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Dan, congratulations on your retirement and thank you for posting these, it's amazing to see the boat parts brand new and in the box still. Thank you for being such an active member in the community as well. A couple questions:

• Are you the sole private owner of all the molds and remaining parts now?
• There's a lot a of parts here, so I'm wondering... is it possible to piece together and purchase a whole new vessel from the parts remaining?
• Any plans on remaking this sailboat, or is the goal to make a whole new design like the Quadfoil?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi Scootdown,
Yes, I am the sole owner of the TriFoiler inventory. I have questioned the possibility of making a whole boat, but that would rob anyone who needs a replacement. Besides there are many TFs out there for sale, I would rather they get out and be used. Fix them up and keep them going.

There is not a chance of a new foiler being designed by me or Greg for the consumer. I doubt Hobie has any plans, but I know some engineers are thinking about it.
Fair winds,

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:41 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

As much as I'd like to pick up some stuff as spare parts in case I break anything in the future, I recognize the value of having a few things left for those who need them to get their boats on the water now. My boat is fully operational as is. The former owner of my boat used it in the salt so I have some corrosion on the outer beam ends but so far they're holding up.

One thing I'd like to find is one of the compasses that Hobie offered for these boats. It's really the only thing I'm missing. I have the leeboard that came around later in the production.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:22 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am looking for 2 trifoiler shock absorbers. I would love to restore my boat and am looking for a referral. I'm wondering if I'm a fool, but I want to keep it going. I live in Mandeville, north of New Orleans.

Thank you,
Graham
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:33 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi Graham,
I replied to your post from Aug, 20 last year, on March 21. I guess you didn't see it. I have one new shock complete. I would have to build another one. The question is, I have to tear apart another one for the shaft. No guarantee it is ok.
$495 each.
My new email is [email protected]
Are you on Facebook? We have a growing group of owners and interested sailors joining every week. https://www.facebook.com/groups/134950406523376
https://www.facebook.com/groups/134950406523376

Let's get you back on the water. Foil fast