Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have #64, that was featured in Pop-Sci during the Tri-Foiler initial product launch.

I have not been able to sail for a while, and #64 has been in storage, nice cool place. But some of the parts are now dry rotted and need to be replaced before I take her back out. But I dont know how to replace the bungie cords that are inside the Hull.

I also have noticed that there are many ECN's and that the ECN come with modification TAPES - kinda HOW-TO Step by Step.

---

Also, some of the parts - I want to have some spairs etc.

Would like to have a detailed conversation with someone to see what ECN's need to be done to my old #64.

I dont know how to tell what ECNs need to be done

any help here would be great....

703-216-3737 Cell, call any time

I will be at Annap MD all weekend sailing
SE 18 K winds ---

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:53 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Not a big telephone fan. Here's the short version:

Trying to work on the mainsheet in place is pretty much impossible - it just gets too skinny in there too fast. You've got to remove the bolt that anchors the fore block, and as you slide it out, slide a skinny, rigid probe in in its place - a piece of coat hanger might do. Then poke through, alongside the probe that's holding the block in place, a piece of strong, flexible wire. I used an old steering cable. That's your fish tape; once you've secured both ends so it can't disappear inside on you, remove the probe. You can now pull the mainsheet assembly aft and remove it for servicing. Reverse the above procedure to reinstall.

It ain't nuclear physics. But be [i]really[/i] careful to make sure there's [i]no[/i] twist in the mainsheet when you reinstall it.

If you want to talk further, I'm at [email protected] , or take it to the TF list on rahul.net - I don't look here too often.