Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

darter159,

Right on! I agree that it is a great addition! I'm using it quite a bit - it is especially useful when the wind direction does not match the waves, normally around islands or closer to shore!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:12 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Heading up north and really excited to try my new Bravo again. I sailed it 3 short times and then came back to the city where I have been out on Albacores in Lake Ontario.

I sail on a river so wind direction is hard to figure out: offshore wind on both sides, :?: current, prevailing wind. I would love to fasten a wind indicator. Has anyone tried something as simple as "tell tails" tied to the A frame?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:04 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I installed a U-shackle on the mainsheet block "post" - and put a Wichard snap shackle on the top of the tiller. Now I can remove the mainsheets and store them in the compartment below the tiller. That should keep the lines in like-new shape - AND doesn't make it so obvious that the boat is sail-ready.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:35 am 
Site Rank - Captain

KayakDeb wrote:
I installed a U-shackle on the mainsheet block "post" - and put a Wichard snap shackle on the top of the tiller. Now I can remove the mainsheets and store them in the compartment below the tiller. That should keep the lines in like-new shape - AND doesn't make it so obvious that the boat is sail-ready.

Do you have a picture of what you did?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:35 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'll try to remember to take a picture the next time we sail.....

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:05 am 
Site Rank - Captain

My next "mod" is going to be installing some sort of pointy gull-deterrent on top of the Hobie Bob - good grief, my daughter and I went to sail and had to give the boat a bath first....... stoopid birds :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:32 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I found this picture for mast support during transportation or storage. I think is cool.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:02 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

KayakDeb wrote:

Although it is an old post, I found it useful and did the same modification today. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:17 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Has anyone come up with a solution to cap off the two rear drain holes. Sometimes depending where I need to sit, it is like a cold water fountain pointed straight at 'the boys'.

Ideally, something that still allows drainage but deflects the water surging up through.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:29 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

LovesNumbers wrote:
KayakDeb wrote:

Although it is an old post, I found it useful and did the same modification today. Thanks!

In lieu of the snap shackle and regular shackle, just use a quick release pin instead of the machine screw and nylock nut.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:30 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Murph_PEI wrote:
Has anyone come up with a solution to cap off the two rear drain holes. Sometimes depending where I need to sit, it is like a cold water fountain pointed straight at 'the boys'.

Ideally, something that still allows drainage but deflects the water surging up through.

Totally refreshing!!! lol :shock: