Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hole / Puncture Repair
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:50 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

After a lot of debate, research, and patience, I finally found a Bravo on Craigslist back before Christmas. I live in VA, and have yet to sail it. It has been residing in my garage on top of a pair of sawhorses. Unfortunately, this was a stupid idea, and one of the sawhorses gave her a small puncture wound right where one of the hulls meets the bottom of the deck. I blame myself for not making sure it was better supported, but I would have thought it would have been much thicker in this location.

My question is this: Can anyone tell me the best method of repair? I see there are a number of products online, including a welding /soldering tool that people use on kayaks. Does anyone have any suggestions / experience?

I was planning on splashing her in the next couple weeks. Typical that I injured my new toy before getting to play with it.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I had a huge hole in my hull as a result of it falling off my trailer. my fault but i was able to weld it back up with a plastic welding kit from harbor freight and some HDPE welding rod. You can find it at most Graingers. Or order it from hobie or online. If nothing else fails I can send you a few feet of it. post a picture of the problem area.

Stephen O.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Stephen,

I sent you an email with pics on your yahoo account yourtruebrilliance.