Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:23 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I love by Bravo, takes me all of 90 seconds to pull it off the hoist, point it at the water and go. We live on a large lake, and have plenty of 15-25mph days to go sail. I sail almost exclusively by myself, and am not a large guy (175, after I've fallen in the lake twice).

I've gotten pretty good at hooking one foot thru a strap, and throwing my whole body over the side of the boat to keep 1 hull up. In a perfect world, this boat would be a foot wider. A harness like on my old 16 obviously isn't possible with the lack of rigging.

Any one play around with either adding a frame so you could have a small platform similar to a getaway so you can get some increased leverage? Or even maybe an Outrigger like the kayaks?

I grew up on a 16 Fiberglass, and although much faster, its just don't have the time to rig a boat. I love the Bravo, its on a jet ski hoist, I want to go sail, I ask the wife for an hour away from the kids, boom I'm on the lake and sailing. I just need to figure out a bit more leverage. I do have to say my abs are looking great from the trapeze act, but they also hurt like hell.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:03 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I've been toying with the idea of adding a loop of rope that will run through the scupper holes (both sides). It will allow me to hike out but with less of an ab workout. Not exactly what you are asking for but an idea.

The Bravo really is a fantastic little boat isn't it?