Return to

Hobie Forums

It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:02 am
Posts: 38
Location: Long Beach, CA
From: DIV 3 Google Group
Steve Boese
Commodore fleet 259

More info at Division 3 Website

Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 12:52 PM
Subject: Regatta CANCELLATION

This email is to advise all Hobie sailors of the cancellation of the lake Cachuma regatta on June 14th and 15th.

We worked hard on this regatta with all fees prepaid. However after
signing a contract with the county of Santa Barbara they decided to change the rules and terms. The following is due to the mussel problem experienced in other parts of the state and other states.

1. Any boat from out of state, or from Riverside and San Diego Counties will not be permitted on the lake unless they are brought to the lake two weeks in advance and sit in quarantine. I doubt anybody is going to get their boats here two weeks in advance, so those boats are out.

2. All other boats will be high pressured washed with 140 degree water and inspected. The inspection (close examinations) and high pressure washing includes all areas that get wet. This means the complete inside of all hulls. Not possible with most of our boats having only a 1/2 inch drain plug.

We worked hard on this one, getting many things done and paid for in
advance. This was a go, and we got completely blind sided by these
developments. As much as I hate to say it, I think we have some serious issues here that warrants canceling this event.

Fleet 259 regrets the cancellation of the 2008 lake Cachuma regatta.

Steve Boese
Commodore fleet 259

Shauna (McGee) Kinney
760-208-4663 (After 4 PM)
SKYPE shaunamcgee2000

Want to crew? Want to race? Under 150 lbs and athletic? No exp. required. Contact me!

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:03 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:46 am
Posts: 1054
Location: eureka,california
Since this was scheduled as the north south challenge, How about we move it to the Dana point regatta. for the north south challenge?

Rich Vilvens
F-18 5150

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
© Hobie Cat Company. All rights reserved.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group