Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Righting the 21se
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:03 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Well it was inevitable but we dumped the 21se over today, and were imediately surrounded by powerboats. it was just my wife and I so I was unable to get mast out of water, and she was not able to help much (without a harness )on so that she would have been able to help lean into the righting line, anyway i was unprepared as it wasnt but about 10 knot wind today and I had left my friends righting bag in the trailer, so the boaters pulled us over and all was well....But here is the question, I don't have time to build anything as in righting device but i am able to order online, what is the best thing that is available giant righting bag, or righting pole....i need to order so I will have for the rest of season, just in case no one is around next time....
Thanks and I am haveing a blast with the boat...
Ted

Post subject: Re: Righting the 21se
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I think the best solution is a righting pole (and a righting bag if you still don't have enough weight hanging from the pole). If you go with only the righting bag, you will still need to use the shroud extenders to get it over. With a righting pole, you should be able to get it over without the extenders.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:30 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have not "flipped" my 21SE in at least a decade.When I did flip it,the wind vane on top of the mast would break :(.I use the shroud extender and a righting bag too tp right my boat. I would like to get that righting pole and give it a try.If you use the shroud extender,the mast get real funky and I don't like it so loose.
Good Luck,Bill 404 21SE

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

hey guys thanks for tyour input I am in process of getting old pole vault pole from school district and wil order hinge from sailboard store and should be able to put it together for less than $50.00 priceless....
will post pictures when i am done.
ted