Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:46 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I want to buy an inflatable hobie kayak. Either used i11s or the new to be released itrex11. I can not get the CTi seats that I have tested to be comfortable. They pinch at the sides and set off my siatica nerves making my legs go numb after about 25 minutes of peddling. I don’t have this problem with the CT seats I have used.

Question: Is there a way to adapt a CT seat to an inflatable Hobie with pedal drive?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:11 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

If nobody can provide specific info, I can outline my similar quest for alternate iT11 seat. Of about a dozen videos I have posted, a recent one on iT9 showed the seat anchor setup in fullscreen just for a moment. It appears to be a simple and emerging standard way of locking into crossbar legs. I think i11s may have a more custom setup which you might find depicted on video, but I would be surprised if you could find one for sale anyway.

Well, I forget the details, but got the impression that a lot of common seat designs could be improvised to fit iTreks although maybe misaligned to half of the hull friction pads. I was inspired by another inflato pedal kayak maker who doesn't include seats, but shows a decadent, premium beach chair in use with generous width, height, armrests, and reclinability. You have to have unusual amount of recline to pedal and of course sturdiness. The iT11 can probably take a lot bigger seat than iT9 without getting tippy. I also may use a SeaEagle inflatable seat; I even have a jumbo one they no longer sell.