Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello, I purchased an inflatable i11s kayak thinking I could repair the blows out seam. After several tries, I don' t think it is possible, so I have two ideas:

Plan A. If I can remove the yellow sides that are glued to the main section, I have a serviceable SUP. The part that ripped was the seam of one of those but the main chamber is solid. My question is if there is a good and safe way to remove the outer channels without damaging everything else. I could cut the panels off as close to the glued parts as possible, but will probably look crappy, and a heat gun/hairdryer seems like it might risk damaging the other seams if it would even work. So, I am wondering if there is a solvent or other method to "unglue" the side panels from the main chamber .
Plan B. Offer it up for parts. It didn't have the easily removable parts (seat, mirage drive, paddle, etc) so I am not sure any one wants something that has to be cut off from the main board, but if that market exists I would rather do that than the landfill, which would be Plan C.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:01 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I might be able to help with plan B. I’m looking for parts from an inflatable mirage model. I’m looking for the cassette assembly that the mirage drive clicks into. Also I could use the rudder assembly including the steering control.
Let me know if you still have any of these parts.
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Everything is all still there, I haven't executed Plan A or B yet. The kayak seems barely used and those parts are in great shape. Want to contact me to figure out next steps?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:01 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

If you still have the Kayak, I might be interested in buying the whole thing. PM me with price.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:46 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Sorry, someone already purchased it.