Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I love my Hobie Mirage iTrek 9 9'5" however I am struggling to inflate it. I have the red pump supplied by Hobie and I hate it. I am a small woman over 65. I don't have the strength to pump up with the hand pump. I tried a friend's electric pump and set it for 10 SPI and it inflated by itself and worked great. However, I bought the same pump as hers and tried to attach the Hobie attachment and it wouldn't thread into the pump. I had to hold the attachment in place and could barely keep it in. Ugh... anyone using a good electric pump where you can set the SPI and let it pump up itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:19 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I just got one and have the same exact issue. I already owned an awesome pump where you can set the desired PSI. But the attachment it came with doesn’t quite fit the Hobie threading! So I switched to the red one that Hobie provided and had the same exact issue! How can Hobie provide a pump that doesn’t actually fit the kayak??? I tested both attachments in my SUP from a different brand and they fit perfectly. I find this super duper odd. It’s like they designed the iTreks with a slightly different valve than every single other similar type valve! I know you said you tried to hold the attachment in place and blow it up that way and that you felt like that was a challenge. That’s exactly what I did with my own good pump (not the red one). But in my case, it was very easy to hold in place and it actually sort of held itself in place the more inflated the kayak became. I’m contacting the store I purchase from because I have some air bubbles under the deck padding that worry me. I’m going to ask about this issue, too. I’ll let you know what they say! Seems like everyone who owns an iTrek should have the same exact issue.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:30 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

https://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 7&p=286356
https://www.hobie.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 7&p=324364

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:04 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thank you for your replies. Right now I blew mine up and plan on keeping it inflated. I'll add a few spi's if needed. Thanks for posting the adapter.