Return to Hobie.com

Hobie Forums

It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:51 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Look at the link from youtube this is super video much better than what i can find from Hobie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P781z-9A-4A

From Jarl in Denmark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:03 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks, altho from a style standpoint that shows quite a rectal-retentive approach. Youtube finishes for me by suggesting some funny anti-Hobie videos.

I think a problem will develop where there is so little tension on the last, largest flap that the contents can slide down, bypass the stiffener on the base of the bag, and bulge the bag to scrape the ground when rolling on the wheels. This is what happens on my i12s after a year of use loosened things up, unless I take the opposite approach of packing the hull low to the wheels rather than high, and leaving enough air in the hull to fill the bag tight.

Hobie should let the straps pull tighter for that last big flap, which is incredibly loose in the video despite being fully cinched up. Instead of shortening that flap, they could just omit stitching the strap to the flap for the last foot, which would let us take up to a foot more of slack. I think my suggestion was acknowledged by Hobie just after the window was closed on designing their new (present) bag.

<snip>