Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:20 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

An accessory I never go boating without is my HeadSox. Means you can spend many hours on the water without having to constantly reapply messy sunscreens. And, when matched with the right shirt, you can make an emphatic fashion statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:19 pm 
Site Admin

Had an old guy from Minnesota call me the other day. He was very concerned about the guys wearing kerchiefs and wanted to know if it was required if he bought a Hobie. I guess full coverage protection has not yet appealed to some older conservative fishermen? He was pretty sure it a liberal message to be concerned about skin cancer. Maybe it was the bright colors?... it was an odd conversation to say the least.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:59 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

mmiller wrote:
Had an old guy from Minnesota call me the other day. He was very concerned about the guys wearing kerchiefs and wanted to know if it was required if he bought a Hobie. I guess full coverage protection has not yet appealed to some older conservative fishermen? He was pretty sure it a liberal message to be concerned about skin cancer. Maybe it was the bright colors?... it was an odd conversation to say the least.

What if it was emblazoned with the logo of a farm machinery/farm chemical company?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:32 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I've never been much on covering my face. Mostly because I almost instantly turn into a "snot nosed brat" when I cover my nose... :lol: Don't know why. I wear the disposable paper filter masks when doing some tasks and it only takes a few minutes for the nose to start running!

Of course I also much prefer shorts and t-shirts to long-sleeve long-legged clothes too, especially in summer...

I do try to wear SPF-50 sunscreen on longer trips, though I'm a bit lax about it when I'm only out for a couple hours. I do that too often to get away with it though, need to use it every time.