Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:59 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just bought 2 used i9S's. I noticed that I lost (or maybe it came from previous owner without it) the Rubber washer that goes in the Valve at the bow. This Valve is only used as a drain and must be opened during Inflation and Deflation. Closed when on the water. It appears that the washer has a hole just under 1", an outside diameter of 1-3/8 and is about 1/8" thick. I have found a "close" replacement, but figured that I would get it from Hobie. The parts book from 2012, 2014 and 2016 show a 79050211 Drain Plug with O-Ring, but the pictures are NOT what I need. 2008-2009 book don't show a drain valve assembly at all.

On the i9S's the pedals are updated to align in "the perfect position" when feet are off pedals. I see that the update appears to be a small piece of Bungy Cord and a new cap (Hobie # 81222101). Need to drill a small hole under the pedal and tie a knot in the cord. I wanted to know what the cord Diameter was. I suspect it's 1/8".

Now that I looked a little further in the 2014 (page #48) and again in the 2016 (page #54) book, I did find the valve. It's 10091000 and the O-Ring is 10092025.

Matt Miller, might want to see about changing the location of info near the inflatable parts section...

So, I Guess I answered my own questions. Posting this anyways, just in case I wasn't the only one...

EDIT: Thanks for the update Matt. Cap assembly is 72062063.

Hobie Outback Olive
Hobie PA 12'
Hobie i9S Sage
Hobie i9S Sage
Native Water Craft Mariner 12.5 Propel

Last edited by wjpelka on Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:39 am 
Site Admin

We do not have the washer alone. Only a drain cap assembly. Likely finding a compatible washer as a hardware store is a good option.

Complete cap assembly should be same as this one:

72062063 VENT CAP - SIDEKICK AMA FLOAT ($3.99 list 2016 USA/USD)

The 10091000 is not a valve... it is a standard drain plug for catamarans and also used on hard shell kayaks.

10091000 DRAIN PLUG W/GASKET

Yes, the bungee is 1/8" for the pedal retainers.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:33 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Matt,

Thanks for the picture of the vent and the part number. I ordered 2 of those vents and when I went to install them the threads size was different. it's like it was a perfect copy, but reduced to about 92% of the original. The threads of the plug on the new part were able to fit completely into the hole in the i9S. I was able to get the gasket out and that will work and fix the current problem of not having a gasket to seal the vent when I'm out on the water.
The part that was on the boat also had the top cap sealed with some kind of cement where the new part was actually able to unscrewed into 2 pieces. It appears that the part on the boat, the part with the gasket, is a check valve that has been re-purposed to act a cap with a gasket.

Can you look into this please and let me know if you have another part number for the i9S? I have a pair of AMA Floats, so this will be a great backup for them. BUT, I really would like to have the correct part.

The dimensions of the widest part (top of the threads) of the plug (male) is .94" on the i9s and .89" on the 72062063.

The serial numbers of my i9S's are CNHCCBL123E011 and CNHCCBL125E011, if that helps...

Bill

Hobie Outback Olive
Hobie PA 12'
Hobie i9S Sage
Hobie i9S Sage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:57 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Looks like the larger part, the one on the boat, might be a M24 and the smaller one, the AMA Vent cover, might be a M22. Going to try to find a plastic plug to see. BUT, I am waiting on a reply from Hobie. I have only posted this, but will contact the parts department thru my dealer next week.

Bill

Tried to find a part using Google Images to find more info, but it's not out there...

Hobie Outback Olive
Hobie PA 12'
Hobie i9S Sage
Hobie i9S Sage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:08 am 
Site Admin

The size changed at some point possibly. The only one I stock is the size that fits the SideKick floats, but the factory may have a scrap one removed from a boat... we don't build the i-series here. If the dealer requests it... we will look for it.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)