Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:23 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

dry_sockets wrote:
hi all - still in the research phase on my purchase, but i am basically at the crossroads mentioned in the title of this thread.

airline travel is not really of great concern to me, though it would certainly be a bonus. i live in brooklyn, and will most often be fishing in the bays of south brooklyn, with the possibility of becoming braver and heading into the ocean once i get my sea legs.

i do head down to southwest virginia on a regular basis, and was entertaining the idea of bringing the kayak on some of the rocky rivers there.

i am most interested in the portability / storage aspect of the inflatables, as i live in an apartment with limited storage.

sooooo i am torn. i feel like i am drawn to some of the more boat-like elements of the i12s, but the sleekness, width, and stability of the i11s is also appealing. not really looking to sail the kayak, although i do love sailing, the idea of setting up the sail seems a bit fussy to me / would be more equipment i need to store.

it seems like there are a lot of acolytes of the i11s on this board, and also while i was calling around to dealers, most of them carry the i11s but few carry the i12s. i am not sure what that indicates, other that supply and demand, i suppose.

anyhow, very open to any input, as i am planning to buy this month! thank you.

If you're fishing, get the i11s.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:59 am 
Site Rank - Captain

i am definitely fishing...and after a couple days of research i am leaning i11s!

plus the dealers closer to me have it in stock, vs the i12 which they would need to order.

probably going to get a blackpak to go with it, put all my stuff in there, hopefully resulting in a fairly portable / stowable bag and crate.