Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hobie i12S fish finder
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 2:11 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey All,

As i have been unable to find any images of anyone who actually went through with the glue mount recommendations for the fish finder, I ended up rolling the dice and giving it a try. I am sure there are cheaper or maybe easier options, but I am not highly skilled with these things, so I just wanted something that would work. I bought a 2017 i12s about 7 weeks ago and have taken it out 4 times so far this spring. I got the 12 vs. the 11 because I do some remote island camping from my kayak multiple times every summer and wanted more room to haul a big backpack/gear. I choose inflatable because I live in an apartment in Boston and have no storage options and had previously used a functional but clumsy advanced elements kayak the past few years. Still a work in progress, as with others, transducer cable management could be better. But it's mostly cosmetic. Some pictures attached.

http://imgur.com/a/gpvYv

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Here is my boat a week ago. I have four scotty mounts ... hope you can see it on this picture.

I am pretty happy with the stability

cu

Uwe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:53 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

UweK wrote:
Here is my boat a week ago. I have four scotty mounts ... hope you can see it on this picture.

I am pretty happy with the stability

cu

Uwe

Thanks for the photos of your fish finder and mounting hardware. These are very helpful. Could you share the total cost of this setup? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth it. I used a Hummingbird FF in the past and it didn't seem to increase my catch rate, but the depth info was somewhat helpful.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk