Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:43 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

As I approach retirement, after 33 years in the Royal Canadian Navy, and after thinking about it for a couple of years, I pulled the trigger and purchased a hardly used 2014 i14t. I very much look forward to exploring (and fishing) the coastal and inland waters around Vancouver Island and sharing my experiences with the Hobie community. I must say that I'm impressed with this forum and the amount of excellent information it contains. Thanks to everyone that takes the time to share their expertise, it's comforting to know this resource is available. Happy Kayaking.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

My wife and I took the i14t out for its inaugural spin around the perimeter of Langford Lake, BC (4km) on Canada Day. What a fantastic kayak and what a great way to spend the forenoon. It was easy to transport, easy to prep for launch, and it handled beautifully. My wife was impressed with the stability and the Mirage Drive system. Me...I was impressed with everything. Can't wait to get it in the Salish Sea off the southern coast of Vancouver Island. I can see the future, and it includes plenty of kayaking in our Hobie. I also have one quick question: has anyone in this community rigged their i14t for fishing? I was wondering where are the best points to mount either the i-accessory mounts or scotty accessory mounts? Any advice would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:25 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have the i12s and I have also been very impressed with how well it works, how stable it is, etc. I look forward to hearing more of your adventures in the i14t!

Adam