Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:44 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

One of the scupper holes on my i12s allows water to enter the bilge. To the tune of close to a gallon of water per hour. The leak is pronounced and easy to recognize with the bilge full.
I've made the effort to use the Hobie supplied glue to coat the area of the scupper hole where I see water leaking. This did no good whatsoever. My next step would be crafting a suitable "patch" from the supplied repair kit. Thus sealing the small area where water enters the bilge.
I've read on this forum it's not uncommon for a scupper to allow water entry to the bilge. It's been said some with boats under warranty that Hobie repaired this problem after sending the boat in. My i12s is not under warranty.
Has anyone made a viable repair for the same issue?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The glue used was purchased from the Hobie dealer in Orange County CA 2 month's ago. That dealer assured me the glue/repair kits they sell are restocked regularly. I've used glue from this same tube to secure a couple of patches as well as on errant seam separation. It worked well. There must be one i12s owner out there that has had this same issue as well as done a viable repair. Anyone?