Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:39 am 
Site Rank - Captain

395...the road to a small slice of Heaven...

The weather was a little funky for the first day.

That didn't stop Denis from tossing a line out with a nightcrawler...instant bite by a nice little Brown Trout...first bait, first fish...things are looking good even with the adverse weather...

Our campsite was right across the one lane access road from Silver Lake.

...so we were able to leave the yaks right on the beach and ready to go...

We tried Rush Creek the first full day and it was DEAD...!
A beautiful cruise but no fish...

So we trolled back across the lake for lunch.

Erico and his daughter Jadin were staying in the campground for the holiday

They set some Crawdad traps at Silver across the lake from the campground as well as fished Virginia Lakes for limits for each of them. Before Eric left Silver he stopped by the campsite and asked if he could borrow a PA to retrieve his traps instead of unloading his PA again...Jadin stayed with us and was really fun to talk to...she's in third grade and says summer is too short and she wants to be retired like Denis and I...Pretty damn cute kid...!

Eric caught his fish at Virginia on the Berkley mouse tail. When he left to return to work on Monday afternoon he gave me a lucky pack of the mouse tails...more on that later...

I'm out-a-here...!

This was something I had never seen before...a female crawdad with eggs.

It was great fun setting our traps and getting another big haul...

It didn't take long to have a full bucket...

MINI LOBSTERS...........:luxhello:

DeltaDelta/Dan and his girlfriend Emily were in the campground too and ended up right next to Eric and Jadin.

This is a close-up of the can in his right hand...Dan used a can of dog food in his trap and a big crawdad decided he liked it enough to move in.

Dan was using the cone wire traps and didn't do quite as well as the net type of traps.

He did find enough of the big boys to have a boil up there and he also brought a few back for a boil at home

We were lulled to sleep each night by the waterfall on Algers Creek...

Thanks Eric...Those lucky mouse tails caught me a beautiful Rainbow Trout

He turned out to be a 6 pound Trout weighed on the resort scale as soon as I could get there.

It was a great battle on 4 pound line with a 25 year old Diawa spinner...he jumped completely out of the water...I would have loved to see a photo of my eyes as that big fish cleared the water on his first jump.
He almost didn't fit in my new Promar ProMesh Net...

We ended our trip with a delicious southern style Crawdad boil...some local friends drove up from Mammoth and Crowley Lake and we had a great time stuffing our faces with those mini Bugs...

ALWAYS SO SAD LEAVING THIS BEAUTIFUL PLACE..........!

Although we would have stayed another day or two, we were kicked out of the campground as they were about to start a badly needed repaving job through out the whole camp ground... so it should be new and improved for our next trip in September.
I have reservations for the first week of September after the crowds leave...come on up and enjoy the Sierras.