Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:05 am 
Site Rank - Captain

hi guys n gals. my question relates to the fitting of a 'barber hauler' as they seem to be refered to. i plan on using cord with hooks, through blocks and cleats, to improve my downwind performance.
try as i may, i cant find the posts relating to the fittment of the above, as i always get sidetracked into reading old posts covering the ai, or watching footage on you tube of my new, favourite pastime, namely, s'ai'ling..

i envisage placing the cleats where easily accessable, whilst being out of the way. the cords will run across - read under when i fit my new tramps - to each ama, where through a block, they will be hooked to 'something' until ready to use.

my question is, should the block be attached to the ama carry handle, as seen previously, or to the hard plastic loop? fitting aft? i realise the one would (potentially) pull the sail out and back, the other out and forward, albeit with the sheet attached.

any references to previous posts are welcome, just thought someone could tell me how and why one would be better positioned than the other.

many thanks in advance,

as always, trippingwet..

i have cord, small blocks, cleats and