Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:28 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

From the pictures I've seen in this thread, I just want to confirm there are no issues with the rudder hitting the seat. These look like a great investment - but they are pricey. I'm guessing that since people are using and enjoying them, there is no issue. But want to be sure before shelling out the money.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:10 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey Mike (Mingle).

Did you end up getting those seats?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

went sailing yesterday. The seat is so comfortable It just is not any kind of issue any more. Up outta the water, VERY comfortable back. Out on the water for over 8 hours. These seats for the TI and a Trailer have made this boat so much easier to handl
I dont understand the question about the rudder. On the TI no issue at all. Maybe you could explain a bit more your concern about the rudder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:09 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I bought one of these seats and I do prefer it for comfort and also for making it easier to lean forward. The problem is the seat is not secure and will move around when no one is sitting in it. This is particularly bad when moving about the boat as it makes a very tempting handhold which will give way of course. I am trying to figure out a way to secure it to the boat or might have to go back to a regular kayak seat.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:19 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chuckw44 wrote:
I bought one of these seats and I do prefer it for comfort and also for making it easier to lean forward. The problem is the seat is not secure and will move around when no one is sitting in it. This is particularly bad when moving about the boat as it makes a very tempting handhold which will give way of course. I am trying to figure out a way to secure it to the boat or might have to go back to a regular kayak seat.

Use a leash to secure the seat. Can attach from one eyelet to another on each side. See my photos in this thread. Run the leash thru the Attwood. This will keep the Attwood in it's general location. You don't need to lean on it. When sitting in it, it is solid.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I've made enquiries through 'Back to Boating' about the Attwood Centric Fully Upholstered Seat to find that this particular model is no longer made by Attwood. They did say that the Attwood Centric SAS Boat Seat is available (at extra $). As discussed in this thread, the SAS version has a slightly higher base and the seat is fitted with springs.

http://www.backtoboating.com/attwood-bo ... oat-seats/

I'd be interested to hear from those who have the SAS version how their seats have performed over time and whether the springs have resisted corrosion after use in salt water. A pic of the springs section would be good if that is possible. Thanks in advance...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:29 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Can't get the Attwood Centric or Centric SAS anymore. Only the Centric X. I'm looking into other options this week and will post my results

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:33 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Tempress Deluxe Trojan High Back Boat Seat is where it is at. Just arrived. It is basically the same as the ATTWOOD centric. Built on the same frame.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just got a 2012 TI today. The seats are beat and my wife must have max comfort if she's going sailing with me. Are these the seats everyone is talking about? They are Centric 2. I know this is an old thread.
https://boatersemporium.com/products/attwood-sas-centric-2%E2%84%A2-fully-upholstered-seat-gray-yellow?variant=21140713209920&gclid=CjwKCAjw96fkBRA2EiwAKZjFTcCxxd4OyuRGme85Pnm9wHa_ZhZ8zv_I7hPLBRKt1k7xOAhBq1UJ-RoCDVQQAvD_BwE

Trojan with Attwood Centrick core:
https://tempress.com/store/Trojan-With-Attwood-Centric-Core-p97903110

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:24 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Resurrecting an old thread...
Just bought a 2013 TI, and looking to replace the seats. It appears the Attwood Centirc and Centric SAS seats are no longer available, and can't find the Tempress Deluxe Trojan High Back seat either.
Does anyone know what seats currently available will fit the older TI like the Centric did?

Oswald the Bold