Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Larger skag
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:58 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

pops, I suspect your comments were directed at me. If so, I would suggest you accept that we are all entitled to our opinions. In both the traveller thread and this one, while I disagreed with some opinions, I offered practical advice in both threads. Is my opinion worth any less because you do not agree with it?

Perhaps when you have more experience with your TI, you might find your own opinions changing... many of us have gone through this evolution.

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Larger skag
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:56 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Tony, Pops, I just reread your recent posts (centerboards and travelers) and I appreciate and agree with nearly all of your Hobie observations. (Pops- that the TI's boomless rig and small dagger have limitations. Tony- that mainsheet travelers are impractical and not the best solution on our particular boats).

We have the makings of a good conversation here, so I hope we can continue to debate the ideas at hand, rather than each others right to contribute them (unless the thread is going hopelessly off-topic).

If that don't work, I learned long ago that if if someone's posts are constantly getting under my skin, rather than getting personal, I can put those meatheads on my "mute" list. Works like a charm.

Back to the dreaded dagger debate: If the new 2015 AI in fact has a enlarged daggerboard and longer Amas, it will be interesting to see if upwind pointing is improved. I would think we'll see noticeably less leeway drift.

If Hobie can't find room for a larger dagger on the new TI, I would not mind seeing center skegs on the TI's Amas.

Cheers.