Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:17 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The operative word being "Semi".... I read Kieth's solution where he reversed the tension spring, but that left the kickstand always deployed.

Actually, Kieth's solution would probably work for me too but I'd rather not paint myself into a corner.

So... has anybody worked out something where the kickstand stays deployed by default but can be un-deployed if desired?

I'm thinking something where pulling the "Kickstand" handle/rope just folds up the kickstand - where it stays until the seat gets flipped up.

Either that or maybe adding a cleat to the kickstand handle's line...

??

(anybody want to buy a slightly-used AI SpinKit?)
eMail: [email protected]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:39 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The modification of the Vantage seat that Pete is talking about is at http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7276&start=720 You need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page to see the modification. If you only use your AI 2/TI to sail with the aka/amas deployed, using the Vantage seat with the kickstand deployed is a more convenient, more comfortable seat and provides considerable space under the seat for a variety of items. The only time you need to have the Vantage seat in its lower position with the non-deployed kickstand is when you use an AI/TI in the kayak-only mode. Having the Vantage seat kickstand permanently deployed is more convenient and comfortable. BTW, it is not a permanent modification if you want to revert back to Hobie's default with the kickstand non-deployed.

Keith

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex ... It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

"Less is more" Anon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:58 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Chekika wrote:
The modification of the Vantage seat that Pete is talking about is at http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=7276&start=720 You need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of that page to see the modification. Having the Vantage seat kickstand permanently deployed is more convenient and comfortable. BTW, it is not a permanent modification if you want to revert back to Hobie's default with the kickstand non-deployed.
One thing that occurs to me is putting a couple of blocks where the kickstand feet deploy and securing them to those two unused threaded receptacles in the area.

Doing it that way, I could lower the seat with a Phillips head instead of having to reverse the kickstand spring.

(anybody want to buy a slightly-used AI SpinKit?)
eMail: [email protected]