Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:28 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Here is an Idea if you want to seal the back Lowrance ready hole like i did. On my 2016 Hobie Adventure Island, I am not using that hole and IMO i think that hole is just a little to close to the botton tank well and drain area. I went to Lows and bought a 1-in sch40 plug, and 1-in adp sxf w/whr cpvc47. The 1-in pvc plug screws directly into the hole area of the hull, Here are some pictures to help with the ideas. The seal on the back area now is very tight and no chance of any leaking can occur. I am not too concern on the two Lowrance ready side pockets. I may just leave those alone for now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:39 am 
Site Rank - Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Excellent idea, short of welding it shut.

Is there much room inside the bulkhead for the tail end of the fitting. I think that may be more restricted on a revo 16 which is why they originally put the old style fitting on the bottom of the tank well, with 2015 model until this new fitting came out and they moved it to the bulkhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:26 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

WAVERIDER wrote:
Excellent idea, short of welding it shut.

Is there much room inside the bulkhead for the tail end of the fitting. I think that may be more restricted on a revo 16 which is why they originally put the old style fitting on the bottom of the tank well, with 2015 model until this new fitting came out and they moved it to the bulkhead

Yes there was plenty of room inside on the 2016 AI, you can also cut it in half if you need to shorten it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:10 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The tankwell profile was altered on the 2015 AI to give more depth there. The revo 16 is essentially the old adventure tankwell mould but with the new vantage seat well recess, resulting in a particularly shallow bulkhead thickness so you cant access the back as readily.

Doesn't help it sits lower in the water and the fitting ends up even closer to water level in tankwell. There is not much flange width on the original fitting so I am monitoring it for potential leaks and prepared to beef up/remove the hole if necc.